Saturday, March 5, 2011

Purging the Clutter

When I daydream, I imagine my life without clutter....ha, ha, ha. I refer to myself as a recovering packrat, who sometimes falls off the wagon. I love things, old things, and I have a hard time saying no. But lately, I'm trying to purge and just say goodbye to things that really are just cluttering up this house and therefore clogging the brain too. I can never find things. Ask Victor (my husband)...I'm constantly looking for something. Usually I find what I'm looking for in a reasonable amount of time, but still, it's frustrating, and another sign that there is just too much stuff.

The other day Victor asked me for something to cut circles. "Yes, I have something. Now I just have to find it." Although I found it within 10 minutes, it caused me to purge and organize my space.

This week I'll be showing you some of the results...before a week goes by and it's a mess again.

I've had the old wooden wine box with the jars hanging on the wall for quite some time, but I reworked it and now it stores all my scrap pieces of ribbon, lace, and yarn much more efficiently. All the scraps are sorted by color, pleasing to the eye. I save all the jars from this sauce. Victor's parents had the box in their garage.


"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."

~Hans Hofmann, Introduction to the Bootstrap, 1993


No comments: