Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Charity

From:  the American Cancer Society Website
My Relay for Life Page

Almost everyone has been touched by cancer, either through their own personal battle or through someone they love.
My Reason to Relay became personal this past New Year's Eve when I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 39.  Being diagnosed with cancer sends you into a tale-spin of various emotions, primarily shock and disbelief. I have had multiple tests, surgeries and am now almost halfway through  my chemotherapy treatments. Following that I will have 7 weeks of daily radiation treatments. I fully intend on kicking cancer's big ole butt, but the journey is not an easy one.

The programs the American Cancer Society provides to cancer patients make a devastating diagnosis easier and the continuous research and developments are essential in providing the best treatments possible for all cancer patients.  I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life because I want to make a meaningful difference in the fight against cancer.  

The American Cancer Society is rallying communities (like ours!) through events like Relay For Life, to fight back and find cures for this disease.

Please consider joining my team or making a donation to help the American Cancer Society create a world with less cancer and more birthdays. Together, we can help make sure that cancer never steals another year of anyone's life!

On this coming June 15th and 16th, my loved ones and I will be participating in a local Relay for Life.  Have I mentioned my amazing family?   One of my brother's set up a team in support of me and the response so far has been great; we currently have 25 team members busy raising money for such an important cause.  

My other brother, who happens to be very talented, designed several possible logos to use...this is one using a butterfly drawn by Little Miss.

Please click here for the link to my personal page and if you are able to, join our team or make a donation.  Thanks so much! My parents are also walking in the relay and I know some blog readers who may want to support them in their fundraising efforts.  To support them, click here.

As a small incentive, I will be sending bookmarks to all those who make a donation of at least $5.  For donations of at least $25, I will be sending you a copy of the thank you book, along with a bookmark.  If you make a donation (to support either me or my parents), please be sure to email me a copy of your address to linda@sousahabitat.com


"Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance."
-St. Francis of Assisi

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me?   If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"
-Rabbi Hillel

"Every good act is charity.  A man's true wealth hereafter is the good that he does in this world to his fellows"
-Moliere 



No comments: