Monday, April 9, 2012

Grateful...

I've said it before, but here I go again.  I have an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G support system.  I have an abundance of love, support and prayers...what a feeling; it's like nothing I have ever experienced

Some of this support comes in the form of nightly meals for the two weeks following my cleansing medication infusions (aka chemo) that take place every three weeks.   Meals are hand prepared and dropped off at our home.  E's first grade teacher has even prepared a couple meals for us; he thought that was pretty cool!  I have been overwhelmed by everyone's willingness to do this for us, especially because I am not a cook.  I don't like to cook nor am I any good at it.  So, there you have it, I confess....I am not the cook in the house.  I can prepare meals for my kids...grilled cheese, chicken tenders, tacos...I can boil an egg and make some mean french toast.  But, the husband does the real cooking because he quickly tires of eating french toast for dinner.  His mom taught him well because he is a great cook and enjoys the preparation as well as reaping the benefits of his hard work.  Because the husband goes with me to most of my appointments, he often has to make up the time by working later.  The meals enable us to have more time together, we do not have to shop as often and we don't have to think about what we are going to eat (meal planning can be tough).  

I'm not sure I could ever truly show my appreciation for the time and care people have shown to my family and I, but I decided to do "a little something" to let people know I am grateful.

I found a thank you quote book (of course...love quotes).  


 I also made bookmarks with a quote from the book.  
I tie a bow to make it pretty, pretty and I leave it for the person who has prepared our meal.  It's just a small way for me to say "thank you".

BECAUSE....."Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Everyone should know that you started making those bookmarks the day you came home from the hospital! I am pretty sure that you had those gifts ready the night you came home or maybe the next day at the latest. Crazy Lady!